Revive Us O Lord Prayer Guide
October 22, 2016
Praise (Ps. 34:1-3; 63:3)
- Adore God for who and what He is.
- Meditate on His goodness, patience, greatness, wisdom, love, knowledge, power, holiness, glory, and grace.
- Repentance (1 Jn. 1:9; Mark 1:15; Lk. 13:1-5)
- Action (Matt 5:13-16; 1 Timothy 2:1-4; Rom. 13:1-7)
- Church Friends Who Need a Touch from God (3 Jn. 1:2; Jas. 5:13,16; Matt. 9:27-29)
- Revival Rooted in God (Jn. 1:1, 3; Rom. 3:23-25; Isa. 53:5-6)
Revival Among Church Leadership
- Pastors (2 Tim. 4:1-5; Eph. 6:19-20; Rom. 15:30-33)
- Other Staff (Rom. 15:5-6; Eph. 3:14-21; 1 Thess. 5:23-24)
- Deacons (Phil. 2:5-8; 1 Tim. 3:8-13; Acts 6:3-4, 7)
- Ministry Leaders (Matt. 6:9-15; Jer. 1:6-8; Acts 4:29-31)
National Revival & Renewal
- National Thirst for God (2 Pet. 3:9-10; Ps. 42:1-2; Ps. 119:81)
- Renewed Search for God (Zeph. 3:9, 12; Matt. 7:7-8)
- Return to Civic Morality (Ps. 85:10-13; Eccl. 2:4-5, 11)
- Religious Liberty for All (Rom. 13:1-7; Dan. 6:10-12; Acts. 17:24-31)
Wisdom to Elect the Best Officials
- Discernment of Candidates (Prov. 1:7; Prov. 12:3, 5; Ps. 72:1-4)
- Candidates to Speak Clearly about Convictions (1 Sam. 16:18; Prov. 16:21,23; Prov. 22:11)
Countdown to Revival & Renewal
- Prayer for the Nation (2 Tim. 2:1-2; 1 Pet. 2:13-15)
- God’s People to Vote (Lev. 19:18; Matt. 22:38-39; Jas. 2:8)
Pray for First Baptist Dover (John 17:23)
- For our continued stewardship emphasis and the More Than Money Matters class on Wednesday night. Pray that we would be good stewards as a church and families. Pray that we can pay off the new building soon, so that we can use even more resources to make eternal kingdom impact.
- For Bro. David, our choir, drama, sound techs, and others who are preparing for our Christmas program.
Pray for Community Outreach Ministries (Acts 2:42-47)
Fall Festival – October 31
- For us to be a bright light for Jesus on a night that is too often covered in darkness and satanic activity.
- To have enough volunteers to meet, serve, and love on our community.
- That the gospel will be clearly shared through the Pumpkin Patch Parable hayride drama and the evangelistic tracts that each child will see and read.
FAITH – thru November 14
- Praise the Lord for the three new salvations so far this semester! May they grow in grace & knowledge.
- For us to finish strong and continue to connect with prospects, meet newcomers, and minister to members.
- For the 11 people going through Faith training, that they will be able to learn the outline, gain confidence, and have opportunities to share the Good News.
PLEASE RETURN TO SANCTUARY BY 7:45 AM